Thursday, January 1, 2009

The difference




I think every little girl and boy dreams of being different. Not the non-conformist type of being different but the kind of different that makes you extraordinary.
I still wake up and hope that today my latent powers of magic or psychic ability will have come to fruition. Or that I will grow wings and be the bird I always felt i would be.
When I was very young, I used to think that I was a guardian angel, I didn't mesh well with others but felt a kind of overpowering empathy for them and sense of protectiveness, My name was perfect for the job [Hope- yes that is my real parent given name] and I felt that it would answer all those questions in my head. I hoped in vain for a month that my wings would begin to grow between my shoulder blades.
this kind of childlike hope is something i think everyone should believe in.
The pure unadulterated belief in the impossible.
Imagination.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment